We've noticed a lot of new traffic to PumpTalk since the little stickers went on gas pumps across the country a few weeks ago. First off - thanks for dropping by. This blog was started almost 2 years ago to help answer the many questions you and pretty much every other driver has about gas prices. When we launched, I thought we might just be talking to ourselves and a few family members, but the number of visitors continues to grow. We've had some really interesting (and sometimes heated) discussions and they are archived on the site for all to see.
For those of you who are new to PumpTalk, I've assembled a list of links to posts that answer some of the fundamental and recurring questions. If you don't see your question answered, please post it in a comment and we'll get to it.
- Want to know what makes up the price at the pump? The three main components have been compared to a Club Sandwich and a Rock Band.
- Why do gas prices sometimes go up when crude oil goes down? That relationship is examined here, here, here and here.
- If you are wondering about what impact the value of the Canadian dollar has on gas prices, we looked at that last October.
- Wondering why gas prices change when commodity prices change?
- Why does Premium gasoline cost more?
There's a great deal of information on this site which is largely based on questions from people like you. So use the search feature on the right to find the answers you are looking for. If you don't find anything to your liking, then let us know. Many of the commenters before you have blazed a pretty open trail.
Photo Credit: I took it after filling up one day.