Safety is a core value for our company, and as I read some the helpful hints sent to employees, I realize that they translate well into most workplaces or even at home.
So in the spirit of sharing – I offer you some helpful reminders on staying safe this season.
- Lead by example and never cut corners in terms of working safely.
- Watch out for others and don’t be afraid to speak up if someone is placing themselves or others at risk. Don’t simply ‘walk by’.
- Always use the handrails and be fully attentive when using stairs whether you are outside or inside of a building.
- If you see a hazard, do something about it. If you can’t personally make the change, report it to someone who can.
- Be wary of extremely slippery surfaces that might be present from ice, sometimes hidden under fresh snow, or melted snow.
- Talk about current safety issues and success stories in your area. For meetings, use safety moments specific to your work environment.
- Be vocal about safe work practices. Look for opportunities to talk about potential hazards and safe work practices.
- Learn from each other. Report near misses so others can be aware of issues.
Remember to be safe, and to look out for each other.
Photo credit: Etolane