We’re well into the first month of 2021. And while COVID-19 vaccines are rolling out across the country, it is still as important as ever to be aware of and follow safety policies and protocols. In some provinces, like Quebec and Ontario, stricter measures are currently in place in order to try to flatten the curve of infections and protect health care systems as the vaccine is administered.
At Petro-Canada, we are committed to keeping our Guests and our Associates safe. The following policies and protocols remain in place at our locations across Canada:
- We continue to support physical distancing measures by encouraging guests to pay for their products electronically
- In store, we continue to manage guest capacities and maintain physical distancing guidelines.
- If you need to enter the store, please wear a mask. Our Plexiglas shields and floor decals remain in place.
- Our gas station attendants are following local regulations for mask use requirements. If municipal or provincial regulations deem mask use mandatory, our GSAs wear them.
- We’re continuing our cleaning measures with a focus on the frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
We encourage any staff member who is feeling sick or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms to stay at home. And we monitor any who are being tested for COVID-19.
In Ontario, our stations are designated as an essential service so we will remain open during the State of Emergency stay-at-home order.
In Quebec, our stations are also designated as an essential service, so Petro-Canada locations across the province will remain open during curfew hours of 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. EST. There will be a few changes during these hours. In line with the updated regulations we will not be able to sell tobacco, lottery, gift cards or alcohol and our car washes will also be closed during curfew hours.
All across Canada, our priority is your safety and the safety of our associates – and continuing to reduce the spread of COVID-19. To stay up to date on the continued measures we’re taking, please visit Petro-Canada.ca or check out our Facebook page.
~ Braden H.