In Canada, early October can be a time of reflection and gratitude. One of my favourite rituals at this time of year is sitting around a big table of family and friends, and reminiscing - and in particular, noting what we are each thankful for.
Looking back over 2021, something that stands out for me are the stories that members of the Petro-Canada and Suncor community shared with us and allowed us to share with PumpTalk readers. I am grateful for the generosity of these folks and proud to be a member of this community. Here are some of my favourites:
- Joe Rustad, with his Petro_Pals Instagram account, showed us how to insert a little unexpected joy into a routine task like stopping by the gas station for a fill-up.
- Shannon Wing advised us on the value of building a personal network that is diverse and encouraging.
- Helena Mazawasicuna and Melissa Tacan opened their hearts and our eyes to the beauty and power of Unity Rides, and encouraged all of us to be “heart in” towards Reconciliation.
- Andrea Decore encouraged us to look at challenges in our lives as opportunity for creativity and innovation.
- Chris Forward leads by example in bringing his true authentic self to work and to everything he does.
- Loretta Jacko and Carol Pechawis demonstrated the importance of integrating their culture into their workplaces.
- Val and Kelsey Mitchell inspired us with mother/daughter bond and showed us that even when things don’t go exactly as expected, you can still do your best.
- And Crystal Blair’s quiet determination to take care of her trucking community during the early days of pandemic inspired us to look for ways to step up and support our own communities.
Many, many thanks to this inspiring group of people for sharing their stories and for making the world a better place.